Do you love cheese? Have you ever wanted to know how cheese is made? Now is your chance, Smoky Valley Artisan Cheese, along with Much To Do About Cheese, are offering cheese making classes.
Cost: $129 per person for Smoky Valley Artisan Cheese ($124 if you follow us on twitter @svgoatcheese) We have group rates available.
Where: At Smoky Valley Artisan Cheese by Smoky Lake Alberta. (Approximately 1.5 hrs. northeast of Edmonton) If youare worried about distance there are accommodations nearby in Smoky Lake, Alberta. Information can be found here.
When: The Sunday of most long weekends during the spring and summer. We are offering classes on the following dates
- May 19, 2013
- June 30, 2013
- August 4, 2013
- September 1, 2013
What you get for your money:
- a tour of our Cheese Making facility including the aging rooms
- hands on experience making cheese in our make room and how to convert this knowledge so you can use it to make cheese at home
- a light breakfast upon arrival, refreshments during breaks and lunch will also be provided
- to take home some of our cheese; we will try hard to send you home with some of what we make that day, but it will usually be a small wheel of one of our semi-firm cheeses and a soft cheese as well
- fun, friendship and an experience you should enjoy.
- arrive between 8:00 and 8:30 AM, where we have introductions and light breakfast/refreshments
- a tour of the facility and then start making cheese
- between 11:00 and 1:00 we usually break for lunch, depending on the type of cheese we are making
- 3:00- 3:30 PM we are usually finished making cheese, and cleaning up
- 3:30-4:00 participants select cheese to take home, and depart
What to bring:
Wear clothes that can get wet, a short-sleeved shirt without buttons and a clean apron. A clean pair of shoes for the cheese making room that can also get wet; “Crocs” are completely acceptable. Please note that you will be required to wear a hair net during the class.
For more information email Ian@muchtodoaboutcheese.com or visit http://muchtodoaboutcheese.com/cheese-making-classes-at-smoky-valley-artisan-cheese/