Valerie is Cooking in the Kitchen with….. you!!!
Valerie Cooking in the Kitchen Project 2017: Primary Purposes are to…
- learn from the hands of experience (each of you)
- enhance my Canadian Food repertoire (heritage recipes, products and processes)
- introduce each of you to my readers with links and information about you (your backstory)
- share the experience, your recipe and story with my readers
- provide a mutually beneficial experience for both of us as I introduce you and your site to my readers and as we learn from you
Read and Participate!
Some women like to shop or go to the spa. I love to cook in my kitchen with a friend – or someone learned who has a recipe to share, and a story to tell.
Essentially, I want to glean heritage and traditional recipes – the best of the best – from our oldies and goldies that have so much experience in their heads. I want to cook with our babas and nonnas and grandmas and grandpas and learn to make what they are known for, or famous for, and share it with my readers. This is not exclusive to our elders, but definitely with them in mind. Of course, many, many younger folk, like me, for example, have much to share, as well.
Valerie Cooking in the Kitchen Project 2017: Participants…
- Participants are by invitation or application
The Invitation Process
- I will invite you to share a specific recipe with me or we will agree upon a specific recipe and technique(s) to be taught
The Application Process
- Let me know if you have a recipe you would like to share and cook with me. It will be pretty tough for me to refuse any applications so please don’t be intimidated by this process. If we know each other, just send me an email!
- There will be no differentiation between those invited and those invited after an application is received; all project posts will essentially be by invitation (whether I knew you before, or we meet via application)
- Apply here: CONTACT ME FORM and please include:
- Your Name
- Where you live (hopefully in or close to Edmonton – or will be here at a prearranged time)
- Contact information
- Your Recipe
- A brief story behind your recipe – is it a traditional family recipe, a Canadian heritage recipe, does it use regional Canadian produce, etc…?
- When you are available (weekdays or weekends only, etc.)
- If you are a participant already, you can also ask to participate in ongoing cooking sessions.
- include the date you are interested in
- name of the class
- whether you just want to watch OR
- participate fully (make the actual recipe)*
*my kitchen will accommodate 4 maximum to completely cook or bake together comfortably. That would include myself, the presenting participant and 2 others IF the presenting participant agrees and IF my space and materials make it possible. The objective is to be as inclusive as possible, but we are limited by the constraints of reality, at times.
I will respond within 24 hours.
Valerie Cooking in the Kitchen Project 2017: Commitment…
- Date: will be determined and agreed upon (always the sooner the better)
- Time: will be determined and agreed upon (mid-morning or early afternoon from 90 minutes to 4 hours)
- Permissions from each participant granted for: photography, video clips (as applicable) and the sharing on my site of your recipe and imagery taken
Valerie Cooking in the Kitchen Project 2017: Possibilities and Perks…
- Project Participants may be able to participate in other participant cooking sessions or attend as an observer
Valerie Cooking in the Kitchen Project 2017: Process…
Paid for completely by me, unless you are participating in the learning, as I am. Then we determine if there will be any costs on your part. For example, if you want me to cook beside you while you teach me, I will buy double the ingredients and we will split the expenses with you taking home your portion of the food.
Each experience will be completely different as the process of the person I am cooking with will be honoured. I am the student and will try very hard to do what I am told ….between taking photos, and video taping aspects of the process, and asking far too many questions!
Valerie Cooking in the Kitchen Project 2017: Schedule
Please find the working schedule of participants with kitchen cooking date booked, here.
Project 2017: Cooking in the Kitchen With… Completed Project Posts here.
Project 2017: Cooking in the Kitchen With… Cooking Schedule is here.
Project 2017: Cooking in the Kitchen With… PARTICIPATE!