Project 2017: Cooking in the Kitchen With….
Cooking in the Kitchen With… Cooking Schedule (dates booked)
Project 2017: Cooking in the Kitchen With…. is introduced here.
Project 2017: Cooking in the Kitchen With… Completed Project Posts here.
Project 2017: Cooking in the Kitchen With..PARTICIPATE!
Below is the schedule for the in kitchen cooking days. The posts will appear much later, in most cases.
- Nadja Kerstane: Russian Dumplings
- March 13: Laureen King from Art and the Kitchen: Irish Stew
- room for one other participant and a dishwashing audience is encouraged!
- March 19: Margaret Bose-Johnson from Kitchen Frau: German Rouladen and Spatzle
- March 26: Chef Shane Chartrand from Sage Restaurant at River Cree: Pemmican
In the Process of Setting a Date:
- Puff Pastry with Mallory Aubé from Country Accent Heritage Breeds. As a 12th generation French Canadian homesteading in Alberta she decided to raise heritage breeds, specifically the Mangalitsa pig which provides lots of pure healthy fat with lots of vitamins, balanced Omegas 3 & 6 and high in monounsaturated fat.We will be making puff pastry with the leaf lard from the Mangalitsa as well as from butter.
- April 1: Loreto and Nicoletta from SugarLoveSpices: Torta Pasqualina
- no room for extra participation, though a dishwashing audience is encouraged!
- April 10: Kevin Kossowan from Kevin Kossowan: Cooking Wild Food yet to be determined
- April 14: Lillian Tse from Beyond Umami: French Macarons (continuing the Quest!)
- April 17: Ming Franks: Green Onion Cakes
- April 27: Elyse Chatterton from Life Without Lemons: Butchering a Chicken, then making the Chatterton Family Oven Fried Chicken! (cornmeal crust with homemade cajun KFC-like seasoning: the KID HEALTHY version)
- away for the month in Salt Lake City where my daughter is going to be having little Eleanor, grandchild #2 and granddaughter #1. Prince William is having a sister!
- June 9 and June 10: Tish and Larissa’s Special Canadian Holiday Turkey: Turkey Leg Roulade with Pancetta and Sage and Lemon Rind Rurkey Breast (Larissa will debone the turkey on the 9th, make the marinade and prepare items for the 10th; Both recipes will be made on the 10th with a couple of sides now traditional to their family’s special Canadian holiday meal. (Met Tish at the Book Launch for Feast. )
- June 27: Jennifer Fisk from Free Stone Integrated Communications : Baba’s Honey Rings
- no bookings in December