Waldorf Salad (four servings)
This salad is high in fibre and everyone needs to eat more fibre!
Waldorf salad [WAWL-dorf] was created at New York’s Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in 1896 not by a chef but by the maÃ®tre d’hÃ´tel, (dining room manager) Oscar Tschirky,.The original version of this salad contained only apples, celery and mayonnaise. Chopped walnuts later became an integral part of the dish. Waldorf salad is usually served on top of a bed of lettuce.
- 1 cup of apples, washed, sliced (not peeled)
- 1 cup of celery, washed and diced
- 1/4cup of walnuts
- 1/4cup of raisins
- 1/4cup of mayonnaise
- 4 Lettuce leaves
- Prepare all ingredients
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well
- Serve each of the 4 portions, 1/4of this recipe, on a small lettuce leaf
- Enjoy with your friends as a snack, or a side with a sandwich
Traditionally served on a leaf of lettuce, but is also great on its own!
ï»¿ï»¿Thinking out of the box:
Share your “Thinking out of the box” ideas! And, get cooking!
this salad has to be the best ever. mom made it for christmas dinner i believe. it is SO good! yum!